Makeup for the everyday, working woman.
If you don’t have much time to get ready in a morning, then a quick, easy and flawless makeup and skincare routine is key.
With the Autumn/Winter 2017 makeup trend all about natural looking makeup and smart skin, here is my low-down on what you need to know:
- Cream making is super popular at the moment. Starting with a base cushion foundation, this give a light coverage and can be applied in seconds with the specially made cushion. Most brands have cushion foundations now – from higher end brands such as NARS to lower end brands like Maybelline and L’oreal (which are just as good!).
- To give your skin a bronzed look, Chanel’s tan de Chanel Cream Bronzer provides a flawless and natural glow. For an alternative cheaper version, use bronzing sticks such as the MUA Bronze Sticks from Superdrug.
- If you’re into a highlight or a ’glow’ as some people call it, Kiko offer amazing gel highlighters. Illamasqua also have great cream highlighters called ‘gleams’, which look very natural when applied.
- Despite natural looking makeup being on trend, you’ll notice pops of colour creep into Autumn/Winter 2017. This can easily be achieved on the eyes with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, which blend easily onto the eye and only take 1-2 swipes to cover the whole lid. If you’re looking for an opaquer eyeshadow try the NYX Lid Lingerie which is a cream eyeshadow in a lip-gloss packaging, which makes them super easy to apply and blend.
- Mascara is always a must for me as it really opens the eyes and adds definition to the lashes and lash line. The Maybelline Colossal Mascara is one of my favourites at the moment.
- When it comes to lips, Autumn/Winter 2017 is full of dark lips. For a up-to-date twist on this, metallic lips are popular at the moment. MUA have a great range of metallic lip-glosses, which look good layered or alone. Or, for a more work friendly/daytime look, opt for a deep red or brown shade. This classic, yet fashionable look is great for busy mornings when you don’t have a lot of time to apply makeup.
- After a day of wearing makeup, it’s vital that you remove it correctly. Although I’m not going to lie – I’ve slept in my makeup more times that I should – but after suffering with acne and acne scarring, I’m now obsessed with skincare and ensuring that my face is cleansed. Nip + Fab have amazing cleansing pads – the same size as cotton pads, you swipe them over your skin and it will remove all signs of makeup. Use another one to cleanse your skin after.
- For a more thorough cleanse, which I do whenever I wear makeup, a deep cleanser works wonders. Hylamide have a great one which sells in Boots and online. For a cheaper version, try Nip + Fab’s Glycolic Cleanser – a gel that can be used in the shower and out too.
Learn more about Mollie and follow her blog here: https://molliephillipsmua.wordpress.com/